Homework?

     Okay so I started my 2 classes this week for the semester.  I figured they would be easier classes than what I have been taking the past few years.  Creative Arts and Spanish. Don't laugh about the Spanish. I never have really had formal education with Spanish. I was thrown to the wolves in Puerto Rico when i went to live there with my Dad.  Between him and his wife they forced me to just read, read, and read!!! Highlight the words I did not know and look it up in the dictionary.  I could get away with speaking English, because Most Puerto Ricans are taught English in School.  Whoo hoo! But I tell you it was the most frustrating thing that I can remember doing in my life! But because of it I am 97% fluent in speaking and reading. I am rusty so, that is the other 3%.. I can write it but if it weren't for Microsoft WORD, i could not tell you where the accents or the little squigly lines go.   Again, I did this mostly on my own.  While in School there I was in 9th grade and my Spanish class was 9th grade Spanish, which is like 9th grade English here.  I looked at the teacher like she had three heads, when she would get up and teach!! But she made a deal with me. She would not give me any grades on my report cards until the end of school, as long as i passed the final. Then and only then would she give me my grade. I laughed in my own Joe Style and said yeah right, but took on the challenge. My Step mom and my dad looked me straight in the eyes and said you can do this and there is no getting out of it.  They gave me a dictionary, a newspaper, and a red pen.  Needless to say my first few weeks the paper was redder than white!  But it was something I wanted to do, no matter how frustrating it got.  When it was time to take the final, I told the teacher “here it goes”, she knew what I had been doing at home, and said just take your time and read, you will be fine.  Again I laughed!  I passed the final with a "C". So the teacher gave me a "D" for the year! This is Good because I would have probably received below an “F” if that exist!!! I was able to graduate!  

So what the heck does this have to do with God? Nothing I just wanted to brag about myself!!!
Just Kidding!
I was thinking about how hard we study for work, school, etc. we put in a lot of effort tears and RED INK, and yet when it comes to God's Word many of us do not put in as much effort, maybe at the beginning when it is all so new, or because you have to because you are coming up with a lesson for a class or bible study. But we don't take the Time to underline scripture on our own on a regular basis to see what God is really trying to tell us, teach us, and speak to us.  If as the Bible verses below state, that God is the Word, and the Word is God, you would think We would be all over it, rather than relying on others to tell us what His Word is telling us. Now I am not saying going to church or Bible study is not a good thing, they are very important, but we need to make sure we are double checking for ourselves what our teachers are telling us or what they think God is telling us. They are human too, and they make mistakes. It also shows you really want to understand what God has to tell us, Que No? (Right?)
You have heard that people go to Sporting events and lose their voices and are raising their hands and getting all into it, but when it comes to God it can be the total opposite. 
QUESTION: Why do you think we are this way?  
 Let me hear from you!

John 1 (New International Version)

John 1:1-5

The Word Became Flesh
 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 1 (The Message)

John 1:1-5

The Life-Light
 1-2 The Word was first,
      the Word present to God,
      God present to the Word.
   The Word was God,
      in readiness for God from day one.
 3-5Everything was created through him;
      nothing—not one thing!—
      came into being without him.
   What came into existence was Life,
      and the Life was Light to live by.
   The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness;
      the darkness couldn't put it out.

Prayer:
Lord, You are Awesome! Thank you for Sending your Son to cover us in your Grace and Mercy and Love! Lord I pray for those that are looking for work. It is tough out there right now, and the Enemy can easily take advantage of this. I ask you put some fires under people’s butts to go out and look for work. I pray for interviews, peace for the ones being interviewed and Wisdom for the one doing the interviews and making decisions. And of course Lord, i pray that we take extra time in your Word to not just read the letters or the words on there, to say we are "reading" the Bible, but to truly try and figure out what you are saying to us, or if we are following up on what we have been taught, that You open our eyes, ears, and heart to you your Word, to YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment